BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: PBSO Media Advisory) — The Palm Beach County Sherif’s Office says Jonathan Malarkey, 16, of Severn Drive in Boca was driving eastbound on SW 18th Street at “a rate of speed significantly above the posted speed limit” when Norman Wong, 50, attempted to turn left onto westbound SW 18th Street. Police say Malarkey’s 2006 Chevy 300 “violently impacted with the driver’s side of Wong’s 2016 Ford Van. As a result of the impact, Wong’s van was redirected toward the northeast, over the median and came to rest in the eastbound lanes. After impact, Malarkey’s car continued east and came to rest in the eastbound lanes. Wong was pronounced dead on the scene.”
Impairment is not considered a factor, however, “charges against Malarkey are pending the completion of a vehicle homicide investigation,” according to police.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools