BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: PBSO Media Advisory) — The Palm Beach County Sherif’s Office says Jonathan Malarkey, 16, of Severn Drive in Boca was driving eastbound on SW 18th Street at “a rate of speed significantly above the posted speed limit” when Norman Wong, 50, attempted to turn left onto westbound SW 18th Street. Police say Malarkey’s 2006 Chevy 300 “violently impacted with the driver’s side of Wong’s 2016 Ford Van. As a result of the impact, Wong’s van was redirected toward the northeast, over the median and came to rest in the eastbound lanes. After impact, Malarkey’s car continued east and came to rest in the eastbound lanes. Wong was pronounced dead on the scene.”
Impairment is not considered a factor, however, “charges against Malarkey are pending the completion of a vehicle homicide investigation,” according to police.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70