BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: PBSO Media Advisory) — The Palm Beach County Sherif’s Office says Jonathan Malarkey, 16, of Severn Drive in Boca was driving eastbound on SW 18th Street at “a rate of speed significantly above the posted speed limit” when Norman Wong, 50, attempted to turn left onto westbound SW 18th Street. Police say Malarkey’s 2006 Chevy 300 “violently impacted with the driver’s side of Wong’s 2016 Ford Van. As a result of the impact, Wong’s van was redirected toward the northeast, over the median and came to rest in the eastbound lanes. After impact, Malarkey’s car continued east and came to rest in the eastbound lanes. Wong was pronounced dead on the scene.”
Impairment is not considered a factor, however, “charges against Malarkey are pending the completion of a vehicle homicide investigation,” according to police.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach