BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: PBSO Media Advisory) — The Palm Beach County Sherif’s Office says Jonathan Malarkey, 16, of Severn Drive in Boca was driving eastbound on SW 18th Street at “a rate of speed significantly above the posted speed limit” when Norman Wong, 50, attempted to turn left onto westbound SW 18th Street. Police say Malarkey’s 2006 Chevy 300 “violently impacted with the driver’s side of Wong’s 2016 Ford Van. As a result of the impact, Wong’s van was redirected toward the northeast, over the median and came to rest in the eastbound lanes. After impact, Malarkey’s car continued east and came to rest in the eastbound lanes. Wong was pronounced dead on the scene.”
Impairment is not considered a factor, however, “charges against Malarkey are pending the completion of a vehicle homicide investigation,” according to police.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks
- Settlement Talks Underway In $7M Suit Against Seven Bridges Delray HOA
- These Stations Do Not Have Gas In Delray Beach, Boca Raton
- Bruised Man Arrested on Drug, Battery Charges At Delray Beach Food Hall
- Walk-Up Pfizer COVID Shots Available To 12-15 Age Group In Palm Beach County