BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: PBSO Media Advisory) — The Palm Beach County Sherif’s Office says Jonathan Malarkey, 16, of Severn Drive in Boca was driving eastbound on SW 18th Street at “a rate of speed significantly above the posted speed limit” when Norman Wong, 50, attempted to turn left onto westbound SW 18th Street. Police say Malarkey’s 2006 Chevy 300 “violently impacted with the driver’s side of Wong’s 2016 Ford Van. As a result of the impact, Wong’s van was redirected toward the northeast, over the median and came to rest in the eastbound lanes. After impact, Malarkey’s car continued east and came to rest in the eastbound lanes. Wong was pronounced dead on the scene.”
Impairment is not considered a factor, however, “charges against Malarkey are pending the completion of a vehicle homicide investigation,” according to police.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TWO DEAD IN BRIGHTLINE CRASH IN DELRAY BEACH
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, Make Plans Now
- Police Activity Near Don Estridge Middle School In Boca Raton Is Not Criminal
- Delray Beach Man Accused Of Sales Tax Fraud
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Listen To The 911 Call When Man Found With Blood, White Powder