POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO) — Broward Sheriff’s Office Internet Crimes Against Children detectives, who were out searching for a man wanted on charges related to child pornography, located their subject as he sat by a splash pad in Pompano Beach watching children play.
Detectives began investigating 55-year-old Patrick Brogie in late March after receiving information that he had child pornography on his cell phone. Witnesses told detectives he often frequented the area near the splash pad, but attempts to locate him were futile. After locating him on April 20, Brogie’s phone revealed he often searched for key terms specifically seeking images and videos involving minors. Detectives also found photos of girls between the ages of 3 and 6 at the splash pad. The images show the girls in bathing suits and focus on their buttocks as they’re bending down.
On April 25, I.C.A.C. detectives obtained a warrant for his arrest and found him the next day as he was watching children at play. Brogie has an active warrant from Germany for a 2008 case of sexual abuse of a child.
Investigators fear he could have had inappropriate contact with local children. Anyone with information is asked to contact I.C.A.C. Detective Nick Masters at 954-888-5264.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors