BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We’re not going to engage in a war over semantics, but another website is claiming that it’s tops when it comes to engagement in Boca Raton news. To be clear: “engagement” is a made up word by people who believe that Facebook views mean something. They don’t. They aren’t monetized. They aren’t sellable. And at the end of the day, it’s Facebook that benefits.
BocaNewsNow.com has enjoyed nearly a quarter million page views this year, holding its spot as the top ranked hyper local news website in the area. This isn’t a job, it’s a hobby. The website doesn’t attempt to make money, but it does. We don’t advertise. You’ve come here on your own.
To be clear: we couldn’t care less about Facebook. Our content is auto-copied to Facebook as a convenience to those who spend their lives there. We don’t promote it. We just don’t care. We also appreciate yet don’t care that we have 2,441 twitter followers to another local site’s 433. What we do care about is that BocaNewsNow.com has impact. Our articles have led to hirings and firings. They’ve incited exonerations. They made the comfortable uncomfortable.
If you want a local news site that boasts about “Facebook engagements,” this isn’t your site. If you want a site that actually has impact, we say both “welcome” and “thank you” for being a loyal BocaNewsNow.com reader.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Beach Resident Matthew Guntle Killed In Crash
- Ferrari Sues, Wants Its $400k Car Back From Palm Beach County Man
- West Delray Beach Resident Jailed On DUI Charge
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk