CORAL SPRINGS, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Broward Sheriff’s Office) — Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested Stephanie Pantuliano for DUI manslaughter after the death of the elderly man who’s car Pantuliano crashed into April 8 in Tamarac.
Just after 8 p.m. Bobby Russel was driving westbound in the outside lane of West Commercial Boulevard approaching Northwest 79th Avenue on a green traffic light. Pantuliano was exiting a shopping plaza on the south side of West Commercial Boulevard heading north.
Pantuliano’s 2008 Cadillac paused briefly at the crosswalk before accelerating against the red traffic light across West Commercial Boulevard into the path of approaching traffic. Pantuliano’s car struck Russell’s 2006 Scion in the outside, westbound thru lane.
The crash resulted in the serious injury of Russell. He subsequently died from his injuries.
Responding deputies made several observations of impairment on behalf of Pantuliano. The BSO DUI Task Force Unit responded and a blood draw was performed. The traffic homicide investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide Unit Det. Anthony Morales at 954-321-4840. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected