BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The house in Broken Sound that burned on May 18th was, again, engulfed in flames overnight. From Boca Raton Fire Services:
“During a routine patrol at 1 AM a Boca Raton Police Officer noticed a large amount of smoke in the area of Clint Moore Rd west of Military Trail. As he was driving around attempting to locate the source of the smoke he was able to see flames coming from inside the Broken Sound development. The officer contacted police dispatch about the situation. This information was immediately forwarded to the fire dispatch desk at which time several fire units began responding to that area. Police officers discovered the fire in the Grand Oaks subdivision of Broken Sound. First arriving police officers were able to provide an address for fire crews. The first arriving units found flames extending through the roof approximately 40 feet into the air.
Because of the extensive fire conditions and the instability of the structure due to a par
tial roof collapse firefighters were unable to enter the home. Firefighters spent most of the night fighting the fire in a defensive mode and protecting the surrounding properties. The fire was declared out just after 5AM.
This home was unoccupied at the time of this fire due to renovations that were underway as a result of a previous fire in the kitchen on May 18th 2017
Fire Investigators from the Boca Raton Fire Department and the Florida State Fire Marshal’s Office will be conducting the investigation.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…
- Daniel Porush, “Wolf Of Boca Raton,” Jailed On DUI Charge
- FLORIDA: At Least 40 Children Admitted To Hospitals For COVID On Monday