DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach resident Roger Wittenberns, 61, is being held on $135,000 bond. He is accused of killing J. Gerald Smith in a 2016 crash in the intersection of NE 6th Avenue and NE 1st Street in Delray Beach. PBSO arrested Wittenberns on Monday.
You can read the entire police report — which we encourage you to do — by clicking here. Berns was allegedly speeding at 75mph in a 35mph zone, while under the influence of alcohol, at the time of the fatal crash.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pfizer COVID-19 Appointments Available In Palm Beach County
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge