DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach resident Roger Wittenberns, 61, is being held on $135,000 bond. He is accused of killing J. Gerald Smith in a 2016 crash in the intersection of NE 6th Avenue and NE 1st Street in Delray Beach. PBSO arrested Wittenberns on Monday.
You can read the entire police report — which we encourage you to do — by clicking here. Berns was allegedly speeding at 75mph in a 35mph zone, while under the influence of alcohol, at the time of the fatal crash.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday