DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach resident Roger Wittenberns, 61, is being held on $135,000 bond. He is accused of killing J. Gerald Smith in a 2016 crash in the intersection of NE 6th Avenue and NE 1st Street in Delray Beach. PBSO arrested Wittenberns on Monday.
You can read the entire police report — which we encourage you to do — by clicking here. Berns was allegedly speeding at 75mph in a 35mph zone, while under the influence of alcohol, at the time of the fatal crash.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70