BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com reported several weeks ago on the arrest of David Grimes by Boca Raton Police. The 48 year old was charged with false imprisonment of an adult; sudden snatching without a firearm or weapon; tampering with a witness, victim or informant; criminal mischief and domestic battery. The affidavit of probable cause remains available on the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts website.
Mr. Grimes contacted BocaNewsNow.com after prosecutors did NOT take action on the arrest. Mr. Grimes told us that his life has been dramatically changed by the arrest and our reporting of it. We agreed to publish a photo of his choice as well as any statement that he wished to make. The photo is above. Here is the statement which we have copied directly from the email that he sent to us:
This is the real picture of David Grimes. Coaching his daughter for 13 seasons, not the mugshot from a one time 10 minute incident with an ex girlfriend I’m 48 years old and never had an incident
All charges were dismissed,
Prosecutors took no action
The report that Boca news published about my arrest affected me severely in my personal life. My piers at work looked at my differently, my neighbors avoided me.
All of these charges were exaggerated and ultimately dismissed by a judge at the palm beach county court house
What a ridicules system we have.
We remind our readers, as we always do, that an arrest is an accusation or charge filed by the police, law enforcement agencies or officials. An affidavit of probable cause is the “story of the arrest” filed by law enforcement. It is their version of events and is almost always a public document. Quite simply, you would not want a society where arrests are made in secret. If your arrest has been reported on BocaNewsNow.com and would like to share your side of the story, feel free to email us at news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School