BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If the man shown above is your employee, you may want to think twice about trusting him with business secrets. The gentleman, flying Delta 2444 from Detroit to Fort Lauderdale this morning, spent nearly 15 minutes on a business call conducted over the plane’s Gogo internet connection.
The animated call could be heard throughout the front half of the plane.
Delta prohibits in flight calls — even over wifi. Gogo also specifically prohibits using the service for in-flight calls.
Two flight attendants ultimately converged on the man who immediately said that he was using wifi so it was okay. The flight attendants told him he was wrong, then shared the airline’s Sky Magazine to reaffirm the rules. Pretty much anyone who has flown in the last five years — and especially the first class cabin which tends to be very frequent fliers — knows that in-flight calls are a big “no no.”
Looks like Delta, which is facing problems after a so-called “emotional support dog” severely injured a passenger by biting his face, also needs to remind passengers that they’re not the only person on a plane. And most importantly, that no one wants to be captively forced to hear your business, or personal issues, at 35,000 feet.
We remind our readers that there is no expectation of privacy in a public place. Don’t want to be featured here? Don’t be rude here (or, over here). Have a submission for Boca Rudeton™? Email news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- West Boca Raton Man Tries To Flee Police With Arrest Warrant, Fails
- Palm Beach County Resident Donald Trump Indicted On Federal Charge
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Waves Being Monitored, Two With Convection
- NOW! Send One Of Palm Beach County’s Best Kindergarten Teachers On A Cruise
- Century Village Boca Raton Forecloses Over $3K, One Third Owed To Attorney
- WOMAN VANISHES FROM FORT LAUDERDALE HOLLYWOOD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 To Close Tonight In Boca Raton
- MAJOR FLIGHT DELAYS: Flights From Florida To New York, Mid-Atlantic Delayed Due To Smoke
- SWAT Storms Cortland Uptown Boca, Nabs Two On Weapons, Financial Crimes