BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If the man shown above is your employee, you may want to think twice about trusting him with business secrets. The gentleman, flying Delta 2444 from Detroit to Fort Lauderdale this morning, spent nearly 15 minutes on a business call conducted over the plane’s Gogo internet connection.
The animated call could be heard throughout the front half of the plane.
Delta prohibits in flight calls — even over wifi. Gogo also specifically prohibits using the service for in-flight calls.
Two flight attendants ultimately converged on the man who immediately said that he was using wifi so it was okay. The flight attendants told him he was wrong, then shared the airline’s Sky Magazine to reaffirm the rules. Pretty much anyone who has flown in the last five years — and especially the first class cabin which tends to be very frequent fliers — knows that in-flight calls are a big “no no.”
Looks like Delta, which is facing problems after a so-called “emotional support dog” severely injured a passenger by biting his face, also needs to remind passengers that they’re not the only person on a plane. And most importantly, that no one wants to be captively forced to hear your business, or personal issues, at 35,000 feet.
We remind our readers that there is no expectation of privacy in a public place. Don’t want to be featured here? Don’t be rude here (or, over here). Have a submission for Boca Rudeton™? Email news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pfizer COVID-19 Appointments Available In Palm Beach County
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge