BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach Police) — Two people are in police custody tonight following a pursuit from Boynton Beach to Boca Raton.
Here is what is know so far: around 9:32 p.m., Boynton Beach Police located a vehicle in the 2200 block of North Seacrest Boulevard that had been taken during a carjacking in our city.
Officers initiated a traffic stop, however, the driver of the gray Nissan Altima refused to yield. The driver entered I-95 southbound. Officers pursued the vehicle south. The driver exited at Congress Avenue in Boca Raton and then re-entered I-95 southbound. The driver then exited at Glades Road and drove to Airport Road, where someone in the vehicle threw a handgun out of the car. The driver then lost control of the vehicle just north of the Cinemark Movie Theater.
The male driver and female passenger were taken into custody at 9:44 p.m. Officers recovered the handgun just south of the movie theater at 9:55 p.m.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation