BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach Police) — Two people are in police custody tonight following a pursuit from Boynton Beach to Boca Raton.
Here is what is know so far: around 9:32 p.m., Boynton Beach Police located a vehicle in the 2200 block of North Seacrest Boulevard that had been taken during a carjacking in our city.
Officers initiated a traffic stop, however, the driver of the gray Nissan Altima refused to yield. The driver entered I-95 southbound. Officers pursued the vehicle south. The driver exited at Congress Avenue in Boca Raton and then re-entered I-95 southbound. The driver then exited at Glades Road and drove to Airport Road, where someone in the vehicle threw a handgun out of the car. The driver then lost control of the vehicle just north of the Cinemark Movie Theater.
The male driver and female passenger were taken into custody at 9:44 p.m. Officers recovered the handgun just south of the movie theater at 9:55 p.m.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…
- Deerfield Beach Woman Struck By Car, Killed
- Aaron Singerman Sentencing Delayed, Remains In Custody
- B’NAI TORAH BOCA: Parents Livid Over New COVID-19 Policies
- I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Expect Traffic Problems
- AARON SINGERMAN: Government Seeks 78-97 Months In Prison, Sentencing Thursday
- New York Man Killed In Delray Beach Crash, Drove Under Semi