BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach Police) — Two people are in police custody tonight following a pursuit from Boynton Beach to Boca Raton.
Here is what is know so far: around 9:32 p.m., Boynton Beach Police located a vehicle in the 2200 block of North Seacrest Boulevard that had been taken during a carjacking in our city.
Officers initiated a traffic stop, however, the driver of the gray Nissan Altima refused to yield. The driver entered I-95 southbound. Officers pursued the vehicle south. The driver exited at Congress Avenue in Boca Raton and then re-entered I-95 southbound. The driver then exited at Glades Road and drove to Airport Road, where someone in the vehicle threw a handgun out of the car. The driver then lost control of the vehicle just north of the Cinemark Movie Theater.
The male driver and female passenger were taken into custody at 9:44 p.m. Officers recovered the handgun just south of the movie theater at 9:55 p.m.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID
- VERY BAD: COVID Positivity Jumps In Palm Beach County, Deaths, Infections Up Statewide
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster