BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach Police) — Two people are in police custody tonight following a pursuit from Boynton Beach to Boca Raton.
Here is what is know so far: around 9:32 p.m., Boynton Beach Police located a vehicle in the 2200 block of North Seacrest Boulevard that had been taken during a carjacking in our city.
Officers initiated a traffic stop, however, the driver of the gray Nissan Altima refused to yield. The driver entered I-95 southbound. Officers pursued the vehicle south. The driver exited at Congress Avenue in Boca Raton and then re-entered I-95 southbound. The driver then exited at Glades Road and drove to Airport Road, where someone in the vehicle threw a handgun out of the car. The driver then lost control of the vehicle just north of the Cinemark Movie Theater.
The male driver and female passenger were taken into custody at 9:44 p.m. Officers recovered the handgun just south of the movie theater at 9:55 p.m.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA LOGS 51,000 COVID CASES OVER THREE DAYS
- Two Seniors Killed In West Boynton Beach Crash
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks