DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Public Utilities, a subsidiary of Chesapeake Energy (NYSE: CHK), is quite possibly the most incompetent utility company operating in South Florida. If you enjoy natural gas in the region, odds are it is delivered by Florida Public Utilities. But have you ever needed service? Good luck. BocaNewsNow.com spent hours Thursday dealing with a call center in Fernandina Beach and another in DeBary where rep after rep claimed “we don’t know where our techs are. They sometimes have to respond to emergencies, so it’s impossible to know when someone becomes available.”
Consider this: Rooms To Go, City Furniture, Comcast, FPL, and pretty much every other customer facing organization in the free world strives to provide customer service within a window of time. Comcast even markets service windows. So how is it that Florida Public Utilities, which has to answer to the Florida Public Service Commission, gets away with saying “we’ll be there when we’re there, you’ll just have to wait, even it takes a full day?” This is a company that provides the only pathway to gas service in much of Florida. Their customer service representatives apparently are trained to provide excuses instead of service. This must change.
What’s your FPUC experience? Email us at news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Need to reach people at corporate headquarters? Kevin Webber is Vice President who oversees Florida. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Want to communicate with their director of corporate communications? Email Mike Stock at email@example.com.
**Update: We finally found the private email of a senior customer service supervisor who solved the issue. But it shouldn’t take a background in investigative journalism to solve a gas company customer service deficiency. While the tech, once he finally arrived, was professional, FPUC clearly has a dispatch, customer service, call center, or overall crew management problem that must be resolved.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASK MANDATE: Local Airports Remind Florida Travelers They Must Wear Masks
- STUDENT ASSAULTED AT OMNI MIDDLE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD SUED
- SIRENS: Dead At Boca Woods, Fainting At PBI, Bleeding At Canyons Middle School
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested