DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Public Utilities, a subsidiary of Chesapeake Energy (NYSE: CHK), is quite possibly the most incompetent utility company operating in South Florida. If you enjoy natural gas in the region, odds are it is delivered by Florida Public Utilities. But have you ever needed service? Good luck. BocaNewsNow.com spent hours Thursday dealing with a call center in Fernandina Beach and another in DeBary where rep after rep claimed “we don’t know where our techs are. They sometimes have to respond to emergencies, so it’s impossible to know when someone becomes available.”
Consider this: Rooms To Go, City Furniture, Comcast, FPL, and pretty much every other customer facing organization in the free world strives to provide customer service within a window of time. Comcast even markets service windows. So how is it that Florida Public Utilities, which has to answer to the Florida Public Service Commission, gets away with saying “we’ll be there when we’re there, you’ll just have to wait, even it takes a full day?” This is a company that provides the only pathway to gas service in much of Florida. Their customer service representatives apparently are trained to provide excuses instead of service. This must change.
What’s your FPUC experience? Email us at news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Need to reach people at corporate headquarters? Kevin Webber is Vice President who oversees Florida. You can reach him at email@example.com. Want to communicate with their director of corporate communications? Email Mike Stock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Update: We finally found the private email of a senior customer service supervisor who solved the issue. But it shouldn’t take a background in investigative journalism to solve a gas company customer service deficiency. While the tech, once he finally arrived, was professional, FPUC clearly has a dispatch, customer service, call center, or overall crew management problem that must be resolved.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID
- VERY BAD: COVID Positivity Jumps In Palm Beach County, Deaths, Infections Up Statewide
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19