BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca Raton Regional Hospital) — The Outpatient Diabetes Self-Management Education* Program at Boca Raton Regional Hospital’s Gloria Drummond Physical Rehabilitation Institute has been awarded continued recognition from the American Diabetes Association (ADA). The program was first awarded and accredited from the ADA in 1999.
The ADA Education Recognition effort is a voluntary process which assures that approved programs have met the national standards for diabetes self-management education programs. Accreditation and recognition criteria are sent for consideration every four years for granting excellence in diabetes education and positive patient outcomes.
The staff at Boca Raton Regional Hospital’s Diabetes Center is dedicated to providing the most comprehensive diabetes program to empower people with diabetes and their families with support and education. Program participants are taught, self-care skills that promote better management from knowledgeable health professionals. Topics discussed include: the disease process, nutritional management, physical activity, medications, monitoring, prevention, detection and goal setting.
“Our Outpatient Diabetes Self-Management Education Program focuses on high-quality education for patient self-care,” said Nancy Talio, RN, BSN, CDE, CPT, Director of the Program. “Through the support of our team and increased knowledge and awareness, the patient can assume part of their disease management responsibility. We are proud to have earned this recognition once again.”
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- West Boca Raton Man Tries To Flee Police With Arrest Warrant, Fails
- Palm Beach County Resident Donald Trump Indicted On Federal Charge
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Waves Being Monitored, Two With Convection
- NOW! Send One Of Palm Beach County’s Best Kindergarten Teachers On A Cruise
- Century Village Boca Raton Forecloses Over $3K, One Third Owed To Attorney
- WOMAN VANISHES FROM FORT LAUDERDALE HOLLYWOOD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 To Close Tonight In Boca Raton
- MAJOR FLIGHT DELAYS: Flights From Florida To New York, Mid-Atlantic Delayed Due To Smoke
- SWAT Storms Cortland Uptown Boca, Nabs Two On Weapons, Financial Crimes