BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca Raton Regional Hospital) — The Outpatient Diabetes Self-Management Education* Program at Boca Raton Regional Hospital’s Gloria Drummond Physical Rehabilitation Institute has been awarded continued recognition from the American Diabetes Association (ADA). The program was first awarded and accredited from the ADA in 1999.
The ADA Education Recognition effort is a voluntary process which assures that approved programs have met the national standards for diabetes self-management education programs. Accreditation and recognition criteria are sent for consideration every four years for granting excellence in diabetes education and positive patient outcomes.
The staff at Boca Raton Regional Hospital’s Diabetes Center is dedicated to providing the most comprehensive diabetes program to empower people with diabetes and their families with support and education. Program participants are taught, self-care skills that promote better management from knowledgeable health professionals. Topics discussed include: the disease process, nutritional management, physical activity, medications, monitoring, prevention, detection and goal setting.
“Our Outpatient Diabetes Self-Management Education Program focuses on high-quality education for patient self-care,” said Nancy Talio, RN, BSN, CDE, CPT, Director of the Program. “Through the support of our team and increased knowledge and awareness, the patient can assume part of their disease management responsibility. We are proud to have earned this recognition once again.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach