BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca Raton Regional Hospital) — The Outpatient Diabetes Self-Management Education* Program at Boca Raton Regional Hospital’s Gloria Drummond Physical Rehabilitation Institute has been awarded continued recognition from the American Diabetes Association (ADA). The program was first awarded and accredited from the ADA in 1999.
The ADA Education Recognition effort is a voluntary process which assures that approved programs have met the national standards for diabetes self-management education programs. Accreditation and recognition criteria are sent for consideration every four years for granting excellence in diabetes education and positive patient outcomes.
The staff at Boca Raton Regional Hospital’s Diabetes Center is dedicated to providing the most comprehensive diabetes program to empower people with diabetes and their families with support and education. Program participants are taught, self-care skills that promote better management from knowledgeable health professionals. Topics discussed include: the disease process, nutritional management, physical activity, medications, monitoring, prevention, detection and goal setting.
“Our Outpatient Diabetes Self-Management Education Program focuses on high-quality education for patient self-care,” said Nancy Talio, RN, BSN, CDE, CPT, Director of the Program. “Through the support of our team and increased knowledge and awareness, the patient can assume part of their disease management responsibility. We are proud to have earned this recognition once again.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High