BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: PBSO Media Release) — Elderly victims from around the country have reported being contacted by a bank representative claiming to be a representative of their banking establishment (all victims bank with different banking institutions). The unknown representative/suspect advises the victim(s) that there is fraudulent activity on their debit/credit cards and they will be sending a bank representative to their home to pick up the compromised debit/credit card. During the course of these telephone conversations, the representative/suspect acquire the victim’s PIN number(s) for the card(s) then advise that an unidentified representative will travel to their residence(s) and take the card from their possession. Shortly thereafter, fraudulent charges are found to be applied to the victim’s account.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors