BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: PBSO Media Release) — Elderly victims from around the country have reported being contacted by a bank representative claiming to be a representative of their banking establishment (all victims bank with different banking institutions). The unknown representative/suspect advises the victim(s) that there is fraudulent activity on their debit/credit cards and they will be sending a bank representative to their home to pick up the compromised debit/credit card. During the course of these telephone conversations, the representative/suspect acquire the victim’s PIN number(s) for the card(s) then advise that an unidentified representative will travel to their residence(s) and take the card from their possession. Shortly thereafter, fraudulent charges are found to be applied to the victim’s account.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Beach Resident Matthew Guntle Killed In Crash
- Ferrari Sues, Wants Its $400k Car Back From Palm Beach County Man
- West Delray Beach Resident Jailed On DUI Charge
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk