BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport) — Broward County’s Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) continues to prepare for Hurricane Irma. While the airport operates at full capacity we are now experiencing cancellations and delays in connection with the storm. Today we have 22 cancelled flights to Newark, San Juan, Key West, Providenciales, St. Thomas and Aguadilla. We have 20 delayed arrivals and five departure delays. These numbers will change throughout the day and we will continue to update the numbers as they are reported to us by our airline partners.
Efforts continue to secure the airport and all support equipment in preparation for the storm.
FLL is not a designated shelter and should not be considered as part of anyone’s evacuation plan.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home
- Boca Raton Police Charge Real Estate Agent With Harming Child