BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport) — Broward County’s Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) continues to prepare for Hurricane Irma. While the airport operates at full capacity we are now experiencing cancellations and delays in connection with the storm. Today we have 22 cancelled flights to Newark, San Juan, Key West, Providenciales, St. Thomas and Aguadilla. We have 20 delayed arrivals and five departure delays. These numbers will change throughout the day and we will continue to update the numbers as they are reported to us by our airline partners.
Efforts continue to secure the airport and all support equipment in preparation for the storm.
FLL is not a designated shelter and should not be considered as part of anyone’s evacuation plan.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Schools: Wipes Shortage, Mask Shortages, Teachers Scared For Monday
- TEACHERS: Palm Beach County Parents Don’t Understand Where They’re Sending Kids
- Boynton Beach Woman Jailed, Tried To Smuggle Drugs Into Jail
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?