BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport) — Broward County’s Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) continues to prepare for Hurricane Irma. While the airport operates at full capacity we are now experiencing cancellations and delays in connection with the storm. Today we have 22 cancelled flights to Newark, San Juan, Key West, Providenciales, St. Thomas and Aguadilla. We have 20 delayed arrivals and five departure delays. These numbers will change throughout the day and we will continue to update the numbers as they are reported to us by our airline partners.
Efforts continue to secure the airport and all support equipment in preparation for the storm.
FLL is not a designated shelter and should not be considered as part of anyone’s evacuation plan.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens