BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — When you have lots of cars and very little fuel available, you have people stuck and abandoned cars. That’s what’s happening on Florida’s Turnpike, according to FHP which issued this advisory:
Troopers have been monitoring the high volume of traffic along the Florida Turnpike, as drivers evacuate south Florida. There are extra Troopers, road rangers and wreckers to assist those drivers, whose vehicles become disabled. Unfortunately, the increased number of disabled and abandoned vehicles, has created a problem for emergency workers utilizing the shoulders, to reach crash victims and other roadway issues. Beginning tomorrow (9/7/17) at 6:00 am, any vehicle left disabled or abandoned along the Florida Turnpike will be towed off of the roadway. Drivers can call *FHP on their cell phones if assistance is needed. The Florida Turnpike is also using the cameras along the roadway to monitor problems that arise.
We also want to remind drivers that all service plazas, along the Turnpike are open and troopers are assisting the movement of drivers needing to refuel. Only vehicles are allowed to fuel, at this time. No one will be permitted to fill other containers, as the goal is to get drivers back on the road, as soon as possible.
Stopping along the Turnpike, except in designated areas is prohibited, unless your vehicle becomes disabled or there is an emergency. If you are involved in a crash and it is minor, please move the vehicles from the roadway and you can exchange information and submit a driver’s report of a crash at the following link:
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender