BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County is now ordering the mandatory evacuation of zones A, B and C in Palm Beach County. This is roughly 225,000 people — a small fraction of the massive county. You can determine your zone here: http://pbcgov.com/knowurzone/
Form Palm Beach County:
Mandatory evacuations are being ordered for residential structures in Zone A and Zone B in Palm Beach County, effective at 10 a.m. Friday, September 8. A voluntary evacuation is being issued for those in Zone C.
Zone A includes mobile homes and low-lying areas prone to water intrusion.
Zone B generally includes the barrier islands, lands areas north and south of the Jupiter Inlet, and other surge-vulnerable areas along the Intracoastal Waterway.
A voluntary evacuation order is being issued for Zone C which is only for residents who are unsure of the safety of their structure or if their structure is prone to excessive flooding (i.e., have experienced water inside their homes in previous storms).
Zone C generally includes properties from the Intracoastal waterway west to US Highway 1 in South County and Central County, and areas in close proximity to the Loxahatchee River and the northern tip of the Lake Worth Lagoon.
Zone A has approximately 49,000 residents.
Zone B has approximately 74,000 residents.
Zone C has approximately 138,000 residents.
To determine if your home is in a storm surge evacuation zone, go to file://pbcgov.org/pad/common/MPI/Hurricane%202016/01Matthew/Briefings/readyPBC.com or download our free app “PBC DART.” If you are not in an evacuation zone, please shelter in place. We do not want people stranded on the roadways without fuel.
# # #
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI