BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com)(Source: Palm Beach County) — If you have a pet and are planning to ride out the storm in an area shelter, you may need alternate plans for Fido. Pre-registration is now closed for pet friendly shelters. And note: pets are NOT allowed in regular shelters.
From Palm Beach County:
Pre-Registration for Pet Friendly Shelter is Closed
Pre-registration for the pet friendly shelter has closed. Please note that the shelter will be open on a first-come, first-serve basis starting at 10 am on Friday, 9/8/17. Due to capacity restrictions, we make no guarantee that late arrivals can be accommodated. All human overflow will be directed to the adjacent public shelter at the Park Vista High School.
Location: West Boynton Recreational Center
6000 Northtree Blvd., Lake Worth
The shelter is only available to Palm Beach County residents who reside in a mandatory evacuation zone, in a mobile home, or in sub-standard housing; Proof of residency will be required. The shelter will be accepting 1 animal caretaker per family and all other members of the family will be directed to the Park Vista High School next door.
Suggested items for people include:
• Light personal bedding material
• At least 2 change of clothes
• Any necessary medications
• Any special diet items
• Chargers for your essential electronics
• Small entertainment items, such as books, board games, cards, etc.
Suggested items for pets include:
• Bedding for kennel or carrier
• Properly fitted collar and leash for dogs.
• Cats need to be in a carrier.
• 3-5 days of food for your pet
• Any necessary mediations for your pet
• Toys, chew bones, or other small enrichment items to keep your pet calm.
• ID tags with name and phone number attached to pet’s
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High