UPDATE: 9:52a Saturday, September 9th. This applies to Palm Beach County, not City of Boca Raton. More on that here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County) — Starting Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 3 P.M. a countywide curfew will be in effect.
The curfew lasts from 3 P.M. Saturday until modified or cancelled.
A person must have a legitimate purpose for being out past curfew hours. In addition to the curfew, the State of Emergency also Prohibits the Sale and/or Distribution of Alcohol as well as the Sale and/or Display of Firearms.
This curfew is to ensure the safety of all citizens of Palm Beach County as well as the personal property and businesses in our county from looters and individuals taking advantage of the aftermath of Hurricane Irma.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office and all law enforcement in Municipal areas will have zero tolerance for looting.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70