UPDATE: 9:52a Saturday, September 9th. This applies to Palm Beach County, not City of Boca Raton. More on that here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County) — Starting Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 3 P.M. a countywide curfew will be in effect.
The curfew lasts from 3 P.M. Saturday until modified or cancelled.
A person must have a legitimate purpose for being out past curfew hours. In addition to the curfew, the State of Emergency also Prohibits the Sale and/or Distribution of Alcohol as well as the Sale and/or Display of Firearms.
This curfew is to ensure the safety of all citizens of Palm Beach County as well as the personal property and businesses in our county from looters and individuals taking advantage of the aftermath of Hurricane Irma.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office and all law enforcement in Municipal areas will have zero tolerance for looting.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Driver Allegedly Responsible For Killing Six In Delray Crash Cited In May By Police
- FLIGHT CANCELLED: Airlines Cancelling Flights Into, Out Of Florida
- New COVID Problems In Palm Beach County Schools
- KEEP YOUR PETS WARM: Palm Beach County Issues Guide For Pending Chill
- UPDATE: SIX DEAD IN WEST DELRAY BEACH CRASH
- At Least Two Killed In Crash At 441 And Atlantic Avenue Overnight
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…