UPDATE: 9:52a Saturday, September 9th. This applies to Palm Beach County, not City of Boca Raton. More on that here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County) — Starting Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 3 P.M. a countywide curfew will be in effect.
The curfew lasts from 3 P.M. Saturday until modified or cancelled.
A person must have a legitimate purpose for being out past curfew hours. In addition to the curfew, the State of Emergency also Prohibits the Sale and/or Distribution of Alcohol as well as the Sale and/or Display of Firearms.
This curfew is to ensure the safety of all citizens of Palm Beach County as well as the personal property and businesses in our county from looters and individuals taking advantage of the aftermath of Hurricane Irma.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office and all law enforcement in Municipal areas will have zero tolerance for looting.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW
- Fatal Shooting Under Investigation By Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office