UPDATE: 9:52a Saturday, September 9th. This applies to Palm Beach County, not City of Boca Raton. More on that here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County) — Starting Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 3 P.M. a countywide curfew will be in effect.
The curfew lasts from 3 P.M. Saturday until modified or cancelled.
A person must have a legitimate purpose for being out past curfew hours. In addition to the curfew, the State of Emergency also Prohibits the Sale and/or Distribution of Alcohol as well as the Sale and/or Display of Firearms.
This curfew is to ensure the safety of all citizens of Palm Beach County as well as the personal property and businesses in our county from looters and individuals taking advantage of the aftermath of Hurricane Irma.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office and all law enforcement in Municipal areas will have zero tolerance for looting.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Popular Boca Raton Restaurant Was Shut For Roaches, Health Code Violations
- CDC: If Vaccinated, Some Family Visiting Okay, But No Travel, No Word On Restaurants
- Silky, Smooth and Slippery: Victoria’s Secret Sued By Palm Beach County Woman
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Battering Senior Citizen
- School Board Member Dr. Robinson: It’s Time To Step Up On FSA’s
- In Hidden Trump, DeSantis COVID Report, Florida Looking Better
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now