UPDATE: 9:52a Saturday, September 9th. This applies to Palm Beach County, not City of Boca Raton. More on that here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County) — Starting Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 3 P.M. a countywide curfew will be in effect.
The curfew lasts from 3 P.M. Saturday until modified or cancelled.
A person must have a legitimate purpose for being out past curfew hours. In addition to the curfew, the State of Emergency also Prohibits the Sale and/or Distribution of Alcohol as well as the Sale and/or Display of Firearms.
This curfew is to ensure the safety of all citizens of Palm Beach County as well as the personal property and businesses in our county from looters and individuals taking advantage of the aftermath of Hurricane Irma.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office and all law enforcement in Municipal areas will have zero tolerance for looting.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wave Watching Continues, Another Expected To Form
- Delray Beach Father And Son Charged In Boynton Shooting, Witness Threat
- BREAKING: Shots Fired In Boca Raton
- Health Inspector Cites Local McDonald’s For Insects, Garbage
- Boca Raton Woman Pulls Gun On Former Israeli Defense Force Soldier
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers