BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is NO curfew in effect or, apparently, planned for the City of Boca Raton, despite information released by Palm Beach County.
In what will surely lead to a review of what agencies speak for the county in the days after Irma, The Boca Raton Police department has taken to FaceBook to say there is no curfew in the city. Police in Boca also say they will not enforce “mandatory evacuations.” The City of Boca Raton, of course, is its own municipality with its own police force and sets its own rules. It would seem Palm Beach County overstepped in announcing a county-wide curfew.
Boca Raton is in Palm Beach County, but stands alone as its own city.
The curfew, as of 9:40, is still set for 3pm for the rest of the county.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens