BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is NO curfew in effect or, apparently, planned for the City of Boca Raton, despite information released by Palm Beach County.
In what will surely lead to a review of what agencies speak for the county in the days after Irma, The Boca Raton Police department has taken to FaceBook to say there is no curfew in the city. Police in Boca also say they will not enforce “mandatory evacuations.” The City of Boca Raton, of course, is its own municipality with its own police force and sets its own rules. It would seem Palm Beach County overstepped in announcing a county-wide curfew.
Boca Raton is in Palm Beach County, but stands alone as its own city.
The curfew, as of 9:40, is still set for 3pm for the rest of the county.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint
- NEW FLORIDA COVID PROBLEMS: Area Hospitals Filling Again
- FAU Student Wins $10K For Boating App
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95