BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The battle between Boca Raton and Palm Beach County is heating up. Moments after taking to social media to announce there is NO CURFEW in effect, or planned, for the City of Boca Raton, police have taken it one step further to announce they are not enforcing the so-called “mandatory evacuations” in Palm Beach County.
As mentioned moments ago in our previous post, the City of Boca Raton is its own municipality in Palm Beach County. It has the legal authority to do whatever it wants. And what it wants, apparently, is to let its residents decide what makes the most sense.
Remember, however, that there are people with “Boca Raton” addresses that actually are in unincorporated Palm Beach County. For those folks, mandatory evacuations and a 3pm curfew remain in effect. For everyone else, enjoy being treated like a grownup.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach