BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The battle between Boca Raton and Palm Beach County is heating up. Moments after taking to social media to announce there is NO CURFEW in effect, or planned, for the City of Boca Raton, police have taken it one step further to announce they are not enforcing the so-called “mandatory evacuations” in Palm Beach County.
As mentioned moments ago in our previous post, the City of Boca Raton is its own municipality in Palm Beach County. It has the legal authority to do whatever it wants. And what it wants, apparently, is to let its residents decide what makes the most sense.
Remember, however, that there are people with “Boca Raton” addresses that actually are in unincorporated Palm Beach County. For those folks, mandatory evacuations and a 3pm curfew remain in effect. For everyone else, enjoy being treated like a grownup.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge