BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The battle between Boca Raton and Palm Beach County is heating up. Moments after taking to social media to announce there is NO CURFEW in effect, or planned, for the City of Boca Raton, police have taken it one step further to announce they are not enforcing the so-called “mandatory evacuations” in Palm Beach County.
As mentioned moments ago in our previous post, the City of Boca Raton is its own municipality in Palm Beach County. It has the legal authority to do whatever it wants. And what it wants, apparently, is to let its residents decide what makes the most sense.
Remember, however, that there are people with “Boca Raton” addresses that actually are in unincorporated Palm Beach County. For those folks, mandatory evacuations and a 3pm curfew remain in effect. For everyone else, enjoy being treated like a grownup.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday