BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The battle between Boca Raton and Palm Beach County is heating up. Moments after taking to social media to announce there is NO CURFEW in effect, or planned, for the City of Boca Raton, police have taken it one step further to announce they are not enforcing the so-called “mandatory evacuations” in Palm Beach County.
As mentioned moments ago in our previous post, the City of Boca Raton is its own municipality in Palm Beach County. It has the legal authority to do whatever it wants. And what it wants, apparently, is to let its residents decide what makes the most sense.
Remember, however, that there are people with “Boca Raton” addresses that actually are in unincorporated Palm Beach County. For those folks, mandatory evacuations and a 3pm curfew remain in effect. For everyone else, enjoy being treated like a grownup.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks
- Settlement Talks Underway In $7M Suit Against Seven Bridges Delray HOA
- These Stations Do Not Have Gas In Delray Beach, Boca Raton
- Bruised Man Arrested on Drug, Battery Charges At Delray Beach Food Hall
- Walk-Up Pfizer COVID Shots Available To 12-15 Age Group In Palm Beach County