BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County just isn’t letting it go. After a morning media campaign from the City of Boca Raton informing residents that Palm Beach County can’t order a curfew within city limits, Palm Beach County emergency officials have issued a media advisory reaffirming that the curfew at 3pm is county wide.
While many lawyers will tell you that a curfew has no legal standing, they’ll also tell you that you can plan your lawsuit while you’re sitting behind bars.
That being said, read what Palm Beach County just issued below. And keep in mind that PBSO has no jurisdiction, unless invited by Boca Raton Police, within the Boca city limits. Boca Raton Police confirm they will not enforce the county curfew. So if you plan to be outside after 3pm, just make sure you’re doing so within the confines of he City of Boca Raton. (Not West Boca, which is patrolled by PBSO. Quite simply, if Boca PD is your police department, feel free to be outside).
From Palm Beach County:
A curfew will take effect at 3 P.M. today for the entire Palm Beach County area and will remain in effect until further notice.
Between now and 3 p.m., you should be where you intend to shelter. If you are going to a shelter, you should be there before 3 p.m. A person must have a legitimate purpose for being out past curfew hours. In addition to the curfew, the State of Emergency also prohibits the sale and/or distribution of alcohol as well as the sale and/or display of firearms.
This curfew is to ensure the safety of all citizens of Palm Beach County as well as the personal property and businesses in our county from looters and individuals taking advantage of the aftermath of Hurricane Irma.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office and all law enforcement in municipal areas will have zero tolerance for looting.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance
- FATAL CRASH BOCA: David Hernandez, 21, Killed, Driver Allegedly Drunk
- KIDS HOSPITALIZED FLORIDA: CDC Report Reveals Children Hospitalized With COVID
- CDC Predicts 40,867 COVID Deaths In Florida In Four Weeks
- Seven Bridges HOA Sued Again: Defamation Claim By Caterer
- FLORIDA HOSPITALS IN CRISIS, 10K COVID PATIENTS USING BEDS