DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Delray Beach Police Department) — City of Delray Beach utilities workers have been working throughout the day to repair a troublesome water main break at Bauhinia Road and A1A. The break happened around 10 a.m. and does not appear to be storm-related but instead the result of an aging, cast-iron pipe. Utilities workers and Delray Beach Fire Rescue divers have tried for hours to isolate and repair the leak, to no avail. Much of the work has to be done underwater and with zero visibility.
Some city residents in that immediate area may experience water service interruptions and discolored water, though the water is safe to drink.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud