DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Delray Beach Police Department) — City of Delray Beach utilities workers have been working throughout the day to repair a troublesome water main break at Bauhinia Road and A1A. The break happened around 10 a.m. and does not appear to be storm-related but instead the result of an aging, cast-iron pipe. Utilities workers and Delray Beach Fire Rescue divers have tried for hours to isolate and repair the leak, to no avail. Much of the work has to be done underwater and with zero visibility.
Some city residents in that immediate area may experience water service interruptions and discolored water, though the water is safe to drink.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now
- Delray’s Carolyn Gulino Jailed On Enhanced DUI Charge
- Chevy Silverado Step Collapses, Driver Sues Schumacher Automotive
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge