UPDATE: Nice work, FPL. As of 7:12 am, FPL is reporting 41,460 customers without power. That is down from 80,060. Monitor restoration status on FPLMaps.com. Already, power has been restored to 38,600 customers.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.con) — Bright blue flashes in the distance for many have led to power outages this morning as Hureicane Irma’a bands affect South Palm Beach County. No official estimate yet from FPL, but expect power to be out for quite some time. Crews can’t work until winds die down, and that could take most of the day.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive