BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — All watches and warnings for Hurricane Irma are now officially over. From the National Hurricane Center:
This product covers SOUTH FLORIDA
**IRMA DEPARTS SOUTH FLORIDA**
* CHANGES TO WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
– All watches and warnings have been canceled
* CURRENT WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
* STORM INFORMATION:
– About 360 miles north-northwest of Miami FL or about 300 miles
north-northwest of Naples FL
– 30.3N 83.1W
– Storm Intensity 65 mph
– Movement North-northwest or 340 degrees at 17 mph
Tropical Storm Irma is moving over northern Florida. Breezy
conditions are possible through the day, particularly over the waters
in and around South Florida, including Lake Okeechobee.
Interests in South Florida need to remain cautious after the storm.
Stay away from evacuated areas and off the roads until it is safe to
Flooding of streets on barrier islands and near the intracoastal
waterway could cause local street closures.
* OTHER COASTAL HAZARDS:
A high risk of Rip Currents will remain along the beaches of South
Do not return to evacuated areas until it is safe. Listen for the all-
clear signal from local authorities.
* OTHER PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION:
Be a good neighbor and check on those living next to you.
Those who rode out the storm away from their home or business are
likely anxious to return. However, allow some time for work crews to
make a clear path for emergency vehicles. Downed power lines and
trees may be blocking roads and flood waters may have washed out or
overspread sections of key travel routes. Traffic lights may also be
out of service.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday