BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — All watches and warnings for Hurricane Irma are now officially over. From the National Hurricane Center:
This product covers SOUTH FLORIDA
**IRMA DEPARTS SOUTH FLORIDA**
* CHANGES TO WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
– All watches and warnings have been canceled
* CURRENT WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
* STORM INFORMATION:
– About 360 miles north-northwest of Miami FL or about 300 miles
north-northwest of Naples FL
– 30.3N 83.1W
– Storm Intensity 65 mph
– Movement North-northwest or 340 degrees at 17 mph
Tropical Storm Irma is moving over northern Florida. Breezy
conditions are possible through the day, particularly over the waters
in and around South Florida, including Lake Okeechobee.
Interests in South Florida need to remain cautious after the storm.
Stay away from evacuated areas and off the roads until it is safe to
Flooding of streets on barrier islands and near the intracoastal
waterway could cause local street closures.
* OTHER COASTAL HAZARDS:
A high risk of Rip Currents will remain along the beaches of South
Do not return to evacuated areas until it is safe. Listen for the all-
clear signal from local authorities.
* OTHER PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION:
Be a good neighbor and check on those living next to you.
Those who rode out the storm away from their home or business are
likely anxious to return. However, allow some time for work crews to
make a clear path for emergency vehicles. Downed power lines and
trees may be blocking roads and flood waters may have washed out or
overspread sections of key travel routes. Traffic lights may also be
out of service.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender