BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is no update whatsoever from Publix concerning its stores that have been closed since noon on Saturday. While the company announced stores in Sarasota are reopening today following that area’s dusting from Irma, the company is saying nothing about the status of stores thorughout Palm Beach County. The Publix website hasn’t been updated in a day. Its Twitter feed is devoid of information for our region.
One issue: FPL’s very serious issues restoring power to Palm Beach County. The vast majority of Palm Beach County lost power during the storm — even though the storm barely hit our region as a Catgegory 1 hurricane. FPL’s disaster as a company is now affecting companies county-wide. Publix can’t operate in powerless stores.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge