BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is no update whatsoever from Publix concerning its stores that have been closed since noon on Saturday. While the company announced stores in Sarasota are reopening today following that area’s dusting from Irma, the company is saying nothing about the status of stores thorughout Palm Beach County. The Publix website hasn’t been updated in a day. Its Twitter feed is devoid of information for our region.
One issue: FPL’s very serious issues restoring power to Palm Beach County. The vast majority of Palm Beach County lost power during the storm — even though the storm barely hit our region as a Catgegory 1 hurricane. FPL’s disaster as a company is now affecting companies county-wide. Publix can’t operate in powerless stores.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach