BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is no update whatsoever from Publix concerning its stores that have been closed since noon on Saturday. While the company announced stores in Sarasota are reopening today following that area’s dusting from Irma, the company is saying nothing about the status of stores thorughout Palm Beach County. The Publix website hasn’t been updated in a day. Its Twitter feed is devoid of information for our region.
One issue: FPL’s very serious issues restoring power to Palm Beach County. The vast majority of Palm Beach County lost power during the storm — even though the storm barely hit our region as a Catgegory 1 hurricane. FPL’s disaster as a company is now affecting companies county-wide. Publix can’t operate in powerless stores.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender