BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Both Pine Crest campuses — Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale — will be closed through FRIDAY.
From the school:
The following message was shared with parents, faculty, and staff earlier this morning:
Based upon preliminary inspection, we are pleased to report that Pine Crest School’s Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton campus buildings fared well during Hurricane Irma. However, our exterior properties — including trees, landscape, and fences — suffered extensive damage. The clean up process began early this morning.
Damage in the surrounding neighborhoods is also extensive, and travel around both campuses is dangerous due to road debris and traffic light outages. Many of our faculty and families remain out of state, and we realize that most will have difficulty returning immediately. In addition, power to the School and neighboring areas has not been fully restored. Due to these circumstances, both campuses will remain closed through Friday, September 15. We will attempt to reopen on Monday, September 18.
It is our hope that this extra time will allow our families, faculty, and staff to use utmost caution in returning to the area and cleaning up after the storm at home. We will communicate a final decision about the reopening of School and rescheduling of regularly scheduled activities by the end of this week.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose