BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Both Pine Crest campuses — Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale — will be closed through FRIDAY.
From the school:
The following message was shared with parents, faculty, and staff earlier this morning:
Based upon preliminary inspection, we are pleased to report that Pine Crest School’s Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton campus buildings fared well during Hurricane Irma. However, our exterior properties — including trees, landscape, and fences — suffered extensive damage. The clean up process began early this morning.
Damage in the surrounding neighborhoods is also extensive, and travel around both campuses is dangerous due to road debris and traffic light outages. Many of our faculty and families remain out of state, and we realize that most will have difficulty returning immediately. In addition, power to the School and neighboring areas has not been fully restored. Due to these circumstances, both campuses will remain closed through Friday, September 15. We will attempt to reopen on Monday, September 18.
It is our hope that this extra time will allow our families, faculty, and staff to use utmost caution in returning to the area and cleaning up after the storm at home. We will communicate a final decision about the reopening of School and rescheduling of regularly scheduled activities by the end of this week.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT: Parking Situation So Bad, Drivers Told To Use Ride Share
- ARMED ROBBERY ON YAMATO ROAD IN BOCA RATON
- POLICE REMIND: If Fireworks Banned In Your HOA, They Are Still Banned On July 4th
- Palm Beach County Woman To Federal Prison For Sober Home Scheme
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Disturbances Still Being Watched, Florida Okay For Now
- Boca West Sues Several Homeowners, We Have The List
- JULY 4th: City Of Boca Raton Releases ”Fabulous” Event Schedule