BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has learned that FPL sent too many crews to Houston and was largely unprepared for Hurricane Irma — despite FPL’s self-generated hype that it was standing by for the storm. Sources tell BocaNewsNow.com that it could actually be WEEKS before power is back on throughout much of Palm Beach County. We have learned very large portions of Delray and Boca Raton have not yet been examined by FPL reps.
As of 9:15pm Monday, 463,970 customers in Palm Beach County are without power. That is down from a peak of 686,890. Customers who filed outage reports online in the first minutes of the storm are still receiving notices that their outage report has not yet been addressed…nearly 48 hours later.
We have learned local municipal officials at the city and county level are, in a word, livid with FPL’s handling of Hurricane Irma.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT: Parking Situation So Bad, Drivers Told To Use Ride Share
- ARMED ROBBERY ON YAMATO ROAD IN BOCA RATON
- POLICE REMIND: If Fireworks Banned In Your HOA, They Are Still Banned On July 4th
- Palm Beach County Woman To Federal Prison For Sober Home Scheme
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Disturbances Still Being Watched, Florida Okay For Now
- Boca West Sues Several Homeowners, We Have The List
- JULY 4th: City Of Boca Raton Releases ”Fabulous” Event Schedule