BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We just drove through Delray and central Boca Raton. We drove from Atlantic to Glades on Lyons Road, east to on Glades to the mall, south behind the mall to Boca Center, north on Military Trail to Yamato, then out to 441.
We didn’t see one FPL crew.
We saw incredible work by Boca PD and city works employees setting up stop signs, blocking downed wires and managing traffic flow (interesting observation — Boca PD has a white unmarked Toyota minivan with undercover lights), but otherwise saw nothing. Not a thing. Zip. Zero and Zilch when it comes to power restoration.
This is why there’s a dusk to dawn curfew. It’s just crazy out there… and FPL is making it worse.
We will effort publish the personal email and address of James Robo, the CEO of NextEra energy, tomorrow if there is no improvement. Perhaps he is unaware that much of Boca Raton and Delray remains without power following a minimal hurricane.
Tonight, expect the lights to remain out.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly