BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We just drove through Delray and central Boca Raton. We drove from Atlantic to Glades on Lyons Road, east to on Glades to the mall, south behind the mall to Boca Center, north on Military Trail to Yamato, then out to 441.
We didn’t see one FPL crew.
We saw incredible work by Boca PD and city works employees setting up stop signs, blocking downed wires and managing traffic flow (interesting observation — Boca PD has a white unmarked Toyota minivan with undercover lights), but otherwise saw nothing. Not a thing. Zip. Zero and Zilch when it comes to power restoration.
This is why there’s a dusk to dawn curfew. It’s just crazy out there… and FPL is making it worse.
We will effort publish the personal email and address of James Robo, the CEO of NextEra energy, tomorrow if there is no improvement. Perhaps he is unaware that much of Boca Raton and Delray remains without power following a minimal hurricane.
Tonight, expect the lights to remain out.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF