UPDATE: We are happy to be wrong! Power is on, or coming on, in Saturnia Isles, Bridges, The Oaks and Seven Bridges.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We sincerely hope that our sources are incorrect, but we are being told that homeowners in master planned communities on the Boca/Delray boarder — including part of The Oaks, Seven Bridges, Bridges and Saturnia Isles may be without power for several more days.
Palm Beach County Water Utilities Department this morning is in the midst of the grueling task of replacing pump generators in and around these communities to ensure that homeowners can continue to flush toilets. We are told this would not be underway if the utility department believed power would be returned anytime soon. Existing generators would self-charge.
Sources continue to confirm to BocaNewsNow.com that FPL was caught largely unprepared for this storm. County officicials and law enforcement report that they were told, in briefings, that FPL sent too many crews to Texas following the hurricane there, and did not have enough crews for a fast Florida response.
FPL has not denied this report.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens