BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We don’t take part in social media responses until we’re really pushed. Our Facebook page is full of people legitimately crying about a lack of power. One woman, in Estancia West, only wants power so she can care for her newborn.
But Facebook user Stacy Hopkins, who lists Ontario as her hometown, posted this:
Stacy Hopkins 1/2 of the state lost power… its hard, I know, but that is unprecedented! Everyone is at their wits end. Being hot is horrible but what do we do? Act like entitled Boca babies?
Stacy, on behalf of everyone here, welcome to Boca Raton. No one here is a baby or entitled for expecting FPL to provide the power that is paid for while believing that years of rate increases enacted to prevent this very situation were legitimate.
This was, at best, a strong tropical storm. Sustained hurricane force winds just didn’t happen. Were there gusts? Absolutely. But the widespread devastation from a minimal event is appalling. The slow FPL response is borderline criminal. There are elderly literally sweltering to death. There are newborns without air conditioning. Police forces are stretched thin trying to patrol, keep the peace and live their own lives. Fire departments are dealing with downed lines and dangers on top of their normally dangerous jobs.
But sure. Everyone in Boca who hasn’t had power in four days is a baby for wanting it back.
Maybe Canada wants you back.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FOURTEEN STUDENTS DEAD IN TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE TEACHER
- Memorial Day Ceremony Set For South Florida National Cemetery
- POLICE: Delray Beach Man Attacks Dog, Beats With Stick, Cuts
- HURRICANE: NOAA Says ”Above Average” Season Just Days Away
- DRAMA: Woman Says Cinemark Boca Raton Seats Are Dangerous, Sues
- ALERT: TURNPIKE CLOSED, Major Crash South Of Glades Road
- Jewish Family Services In Palm Beach County Offers Hurricane Help To Seniors
- UPDATE: Man Killed In Shooting After Crash South Of Boca Raton
- OFFICIAL: Ocean One Grille Delray Has Flying Insect, “Mold-Like Substance” Problem