BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Readers throughout Palm Beach County are telling BocaNewsNow.com that they are receiving letters from a phony “County Records Office” requesting $89 for a copy of their deed.
The letters are fake. Look at a copy below.
To state the obvious: there is no need to spend $89 for a copy of your deed from a “County Records Office” based in Tampa. You can ask the Palm Beach County Clerk’s office for a copy — it will run you a few dollars at best.
Don’t fall for the scam.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive