BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Readers throughout Palm Beach County are telling BocaNewsNow.com that they are receiving letters from a phony “County Records Office” requesting $89 for a copy of their deed.
The letters are fake. Look at a copy below.
To state the obvious: there is no need to spend $89 for a copy of your deed from a “County Records Office” based in Tampa. You can ask the Palm Beach County Clerk’s office for a copy — it will run you a few dollars at best.
Don’t fall for the scam.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail