FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you are heading to Fort Lauderdale Airport and plan to park along the side of the road until you receive a call from a loved one that their plane has landed, you’ve been warned: BSO is going to cite you. You will be ticketed. It will be expensive. You will likely receive no sympathy from a judge. Knowing BSO, you will then end up in a press release so all of your friends and neighbors know you’re the person who decided it was okay to block traffic and create safety problems.
Roadside parking at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport is a serious problem. Despite traffic control devices and sign after sign, driver after driver continues to use the airport roadway as a personal waiting area. BSO today says stop it and is launching a campaign to remind drivers that there is a cellphone waiting lot near the airport, and — of course — parking garages. Think a few dollars is too much to spend to wait for someone’s plane? Consider how much a ticket will cost, and how many points will be added to your license.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed
- FOURTEEN STUDENTS DEAD IN TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE TEACHER
- Memorial Day Ceremony Set For South Florida National Cemetery