FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you are heading to Fort Lauderdale Airport and plan to park along the side of the road until you receive a call from a loved one that their plane has landed, you’ve been warned: BSO is going to cite you. You will be ticketed. It will be expensive. You will likely receive no sympathy from a judge. Knowing BSO, you will then end up in a press release so all of your friends and neighbors know you’re the person who decided it was okay to block traffic and create safety problems.
Roadside parking at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport is a serious problem. Despite traffic control devices and sign after sign, driver after driver continues to use the airport roadway as a personal waiting area. BSO today says stop it and is launching a campaign to remind drivers that there is a cellphone waiting lot near the airport, and — of course — parking garages. Think a few dollars is too much to spend to wait for someone’s plane? Consider how much a ticket will cost, and how many points will be added to your license.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance
- FATAL CRASH BOCA: David Hernandez, 21, Killed, Driver Allegedly Drunk
- KIDS HOSPITALIZED FLORIDA: CDC Report Reveals Children Hospitalized With COVID
- CDC Predicts 40,867 COVID Deaths In Florida In Four Weeks
- Seven Bridges HOA Sued Again: Defamation Claim By Caterer
- FLORIDA HOSPITALS IN CRISIS, 10K COVID PATIENTS USING BEDS