FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you are heading to Fort Lauderdale Airport and plan to park along the side of the road until you receive a call from a loved one that their plane has landed, you’ve been warned: BSO is going to cite you. You will be ticketed. It will be expensive. You will likely receive no sympathy from a judge. Knowing BSO, you will then end up in a press release so all of your friends and neighbors know you’re the person who decided it was okay to block traffic and create safety problems.
Roadside parking at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport is a serious problem. Despite traffic control devices and sign after sign, driver after driver continues to use the airport roadway as a personal waiting area. BSO today says stop it and is launching a campaign to remind drivers that there is a cellphone waiting lot near the airport, and — of course — parking garages. Think a few dollars is too much to spend to wait for someone’s plane? Consider how much a ticket will cost, and how many points will be added to your license.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID
- VERY BAD: COVID Positivity Jumps In Palm Beach County, Deaths, Infections Up Statewide
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster