BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: FAU) — Florida Atlantic University’s Department of History in the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters recently announced a gift pledge of $25,000 from Delphina and Anthony (Tony) Anderson, who is a history alum from the class of ’79. The gift was made to honor Tony Anderson’s professor, Boyd Breslow, Ph.D., who had a profound and lasting impact as a teacher and as an advisor. The fund, titled the ‘Anthony Anderson History Faculty Fund Honoring Dr. Boyd Breslow,’ will create an endowment to support history faculty research funding, conference travel or other needs as defined by the department chair in perpetuity.
“The FAU History Department is very grateful for Tony and Delphina’s generosity in making this wonderful gift,” said Ben Lowe, Ph.D., chair of the Department of History. “Tony’s life reflects his great love for learning and for giving back to his community. This endowment will enable faculty to pursue knowledge as they research the past, and will serve as a fitting tribute to Dr. Beslow’s career as a scholar, teacher and student mentor.”
Breslow started as an FAU history faculty member in September 1971. He specializes in medieval history with an emphasis on Western Europe and England. His research interests include primarily medieval England, particularly constitutional and administrative developments, and medieval London.
Tony Anderson is currently a teacher at Dr. David L. Anderson Middle School in Stuart.
“My parents instilled in me at an early age that I should get a good education, then a good job in order to be able to take care of myself,” said Anderson. “They then went on to say, ‘When you are in a position to do so, be sure to acknowledge in some way those that helped you along the way.’ Simply put, by establishing this endowment, I continue years later to do what they asked of me. They would be so proud to know about this if they were still with me.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wave Watching Continues, Another Expected To Form
- Delray Beach Father And Son Charged In Boynton Shooting, Witness Threat
- BREAKING: Shots Fired In Boca Raton
- Health Inspector Cites Local McDonald’s For Insects, Garbage
- Boca Raton Woman Pulls Gun On Former Israeli Defense Force Soldier
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers