BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: PBSD) — West Boca Raton Community High School’s Wind Ensemble has been invited to perform at the 2018 Music for All National Festival, presented by Yamaha, the nation’s most prestigious festival for scholastic musical ensembles. The 27th annual festival will take place in Indianapolis, Indiana, March 15 – 17, 2018.
The West Boca Wind Ensemble, under the direction of Larry Shane, was selected to perform by a panel of esteemed music educators and conductors based on a recorded audition. One of only 26 high school bands from across the nation selected to perform at the 2018 Festival, West Boca students will perform in concert, be evaluated by renowned music educators and participate in master classes and special events.
“We are so proud to represent both West Boca Raton High School and all of Palm Beach County at the Music for All Festival later this Spring,” said Band Director Larry Shane. “It is such a huge honor and a once in a lifetime opportunity for our students. We can’t wait to perform up in Indy and share our passion for music alongside the best bands in the country.”
The Music for All National Festival showcases the finest music ensembles and student musicians in America, shining a spotlight on outstanding music-making and the importance of music education. Being invited to perform is the achievement: with no ratings or rankings awarded, the non-competitive Festival provides a supportive environment for cooperative engagement for all participating groups.
Evaluators give feedback on the performances, and groups receive a post-concert clinic for future growth, providing an educational experience for both teachers and students.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside
- LOWEST IN A YEAR: Local COVID Hospitalizations Plummet
- No Mask Required In Publix If You Are Vaccinated
- Enhanced DUI Charge For Boca Man, Open Corona In Car When Stopped
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks