DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is investigating another round of car burglaries in the upscale communities of Bridges and Seven Bridges off Lyons Road in West Delray. The burglaries, which occurred during daylight hours, apparently targeted owners who left keys in their cars. BocaNewsNow.com has learned that the burglars are seeking high-end cars with mirrors unfolded, indicating that cars are unlocked.
The mirrors on many high-end vehicles “fold in” when the vehicle is secured.
The Seven Bridges burglaries occured during business hours when gates remain open permitting construction vehicles to enter and exit unchecked. The Bridges burglaries occurred as a suspect — apparently — tailgated in behind a car driving through the resident gate.
Neither Bridges nor Seven Bridges have “trap gates” which prevent more than one vehicle from entering at a time. Trap gates are used in several communities throughout the area.
Detectives continue to monitor similar incidents throughout West Delray and Boca. A PBSO official told BocaNewsNow.com that area residents — especially those in Seven Bridges — are encouraged to download and use the “connect and protect” app from PBSO which allows users to send photos of suspicious activity directly to deputies on patrol.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected