BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Schools are inherently unsafe and should be patrolled by PBSO — not school police. That’s the core of a Grand Jury report just released by State Attorney Dave Aronberg.
Read the complete report by clicking here. You can read the Palm Beach County School District’s response here.
The Grand Jury finds fault with the school district for not implementing single points of entry at every school, not stationing school police officers at every school, and generally blaming financial problems for every security issue that arises.
The Grand Jury report tells the school district to abandon its school police department and bring in PBSO which is better trained and prepared to staff every school in the county.
In what is arguably a poorly thought out repsonse by the school district, school officials are calling the report flawed. (This is much akin to an airline saying its planes don’t crash. Most of the time they don’t, but the one time there’s a problem, everyone’s going to go back to the “our planes don’t crash” quote). In its typical response, the school district also says that the general public just doesn’t understand how things truly operate, and that there’s not enough money to do what the Grand Jury, and State Attorney Dave Aronberg, suggest.
Interesting note: The highly regarded Boca Raton Police Department has one officer for every 464 citizens. The Palm Beach County School District has one school police officer for every 1684 students.
School District Repsonse
School District Repsonse
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance
- FATAL CRASH BOCA: David Hernandez, 21, Killed, Driver Allegedly Drunk
- KIDS HOSPITALIZED FLORIDA: CDC Report Reveals Children Hospitalized With COVID
- CDC Predicts 40,867 COVID Deaths In Florida In Four Weeks
- Seven Bridges HOA Sued Again: Defamation Claim By Caterer
- FLORIDA HOSPITALS IN CRISIS, 10K COVID PATIENTS USING BEDS