DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO) — Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are investigating a high-speed crash that claimed the life of a 19-year-old motorcyclist earlier this month in Deerfield Beach.
Just before 5:50 p.m. Aug. 1, Tyler Gusow of the 23000 block of Post Gardens Way in Boca Raton, was driving a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja west on Hillsboro Boulevard when he ran a red light and struck a 2012 Kia Optima as its driver was making a left turn from the boulevard onto Southwest Third Avenue.
Based on evidence and witness accounts, BSO’s Traffic Homicide Investigation detectives believe Gusow was speeding and bypassing vehicles prior to the crash. After impact he was ejected from the Kawasaki and the motorcycle caught fire. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded to the scene and transported Gusow to Broward Health North where he was pronounced dead. The Kia driver remained at the scene and was cooperative.
THI detectives used biometrics and fingerprint analysis to positively identify Gusow. The crash investigation continues.
Anyone with information is asked to contact THI Det. Donnard Huneke at 954-321-4842. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: Man Shot In Head Just South Of Boca Raton, Search Underway
- REWARD: Fatal Shooting South Of Boca Raton, Who Is The Killer?
- WEATHER ALERT: Thunderstorms Moving Into Boca Raton
- LAWSUIT: OFFICE DEPOT SPAMMED CUSTOMERS
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake