DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Kobi Ribak of the 8300 block of Hawks Gully Avenue remains in the Palm Beach County Jail following his arrest Wednesday for “aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill” and a second charge involving property damage and criminal mischief.
Ribak, according to police, threatened a motorist with a gun near the intersection of Lyons Road and Atlantic.
From the police report:
“I responded to the southeast corner of Lyons Road and Atlantic Avenue in Delray. As I approached the area I observed a white Mercedes parked in front of a white Explorer on the northbound side of Lyons Road in the right turn lane for Atlantic Avenue. Before my arrival the white Explorer went to a different location to meet an assisting deputy. I met with Ribak and asked him what happened. Ribak stated the driver fo the explorer pulled out in front of him while he was northbound on Lyons Road. Ribak honked at him and (the driver) gave him the finger. (The driver) then brake checked Ribak twice as they approached Lyons Road, causing Ribak to almost hit (the driver). As they approached Atlantic, Ribak passed (the driver) and got into the right turn lane in front of him. Ribak stated he was driving with his front windows down and when passed (the driver), the driver shouted “I’m going to f—ing kill you.” Ribak stopped his car, got out with his black Ruger LCP handgun in his hand and approached (the driver’s) vehicle. The driver attempted to get out of his vehicle but Ribak kicked the door closed.”
A judge determined during Ribak’s first appearance Thursday morning that probable cause does exist.
Ribak, 49, was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 3:40 p.m. on Wednesday. A judge Thursday morning granted him release on his own recognizance but may not come into contact with weapons, firearms, or ther other motorist.
A hearing is set for September 27th.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care