BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — FAU’s student newspaper, University Press, is reporting that more than 100 students are being housed at the Fairfield Inn near Cinemark and the Boca Raton airport.
While we are awaiting official word from Florida Atlantic Univereity Spokesman Joshua Glanzer, the student newspaper article by Cameren Boatner reports that FAU oversigned on housing contracts — forcing students into the motel.
Yes, the lodging does include the chain’s advertised “free breakfast” and free wifi.
The drawback: students expecting to be immersed in the on campus culture are instead relegated to hotel life, although there is an hourly shuttle back to campus.
The upside: these students will be well on their way to Marriott’s coveted Platinum Premiere Elite status before they even have jobs.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Tells Cop “That’s How I Normally Smell,” Charged With DUI
- Boca Raton Doc Claims Reputation Firm Posted Fake Reviews
- West Boca Raton Woman Jailed On Drug, Fraud Charges
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet