BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — FAU’s student newspaper, University Press, is reporting that more than 100 students are being housed at the Fairfield Inn near Cinemark and the Boca Raton airport.
While we are awaiting official word from Florida Atlantic Univereity Spokesman Joshua Glanzer, the student newspaper article by Cameren Boatner reports that FAU oversigned on housing contracts — forcing students into the motel.
Yes, the lodging does include the chain’s advertised “free breakfast” and free wifi.
The drawback: students expecting to be immersed in the on campus culture are instead relegated to hotel life, although there is an hourly shuttle back to campus.
The upside: these students will be well on their way to Marriott’s coveted Platinum Premiere Elite status before they even have jobs.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Senator Marco Rubio Talks TikTok, FAU With Andrew Colton on NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- WHOSE BODY WAS IN BURNING CAR? BROWARD COPS ASKING FOR TIPS
- GO OWLS! FAU’s Student Affairs VP Joins Andrew Colton On NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Ordered Closed By Health Inspector
- SECURITY ALERT: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Evacuated
- HAMMER TIME: Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Hits Husband On Head With Hammer
- Body Found On Side Of Palm Beach County Road, FHP Asks For Tips
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car