BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Many elementary school students in West Boca Raton and Southwest Delray are dealing with death for the first time this Wednesday evening.
Longtime music teacher Cincere Fazekas, 63, died, according to school officials.
Students were given letters to take home late today but told not to open them. However, with Whispering Pines being a “gifted school,” inquisitive students opened the unsealed but stapled letters to learn that their teacher was dead.
“Ms. Fazekas taught our music classes at Whispering Pines” for twelve years. She was was an enthusiastic educator who was devoted to her students and colleagues, and wanted to share her love of music with everyone around her. She ran all three of our school’s music clubs, organizing student performances in the school and in the community,” wrote Principal Barbara Reimer. “I know we will all miss her greatly.”
Counselors will be available to students.
Fazekas lived in Coconut Creek. No cause of death has been announced.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home
- Boca Raton Police Charge Real Estate Agent With Harming Child