BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Many elementary school students in West Boca Raton and Southwest Delray are dealing with death for the first time this Wednesday evening.
Longtime music teacher Cincere Fazekas, 63, died, according to school officials.
Students were given letters to take home late today but told not to open them. However, with Whispering Pines being a “gifted school,” inquisitive students opened the unsealed but stapled letters to learn that their teacher was dead.
“Ms. Fazekas taught our music classes at Whispering Pines” for twelve years. She was was an enthusiastic educator who was devoted to her students and colleagues, and wanted to share her love of music with everyone around her. She ran all three of our school’s music clubs, organizing student performances in the school and in the community,” wrote Principal Barbara Reimer. “I know we will all miss her greatly.”
Counselors will be available to students.
Fazekas lived in Coconut Creek. No cause of death has been announced.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed