BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: FAU) — The U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos today announced Florida Atlantic University’s A.D. Henderson University School (ADHUS) as an National Blue Ribbon School for 2018. The exemplary high performing recognition is based on ADHUS’ overall academic performance. ADHUS was one of 12 schools in Florida to be named a National Blue Ribbon School.
“As an educational leader, I am humbled to accept this monumental award on behalf of our school and community,” said Sherry Bees, principal/director of A.D. Henderson University School and FAU High School. “As we celebrate A.D. Henderson University School’s 50th anniversary, this recognition by the U.S. Department of Education acknowledges the innovative, exceptional education and loving environment that has occurred within our walls since our doors opened in 1968.
The coveted National Blue Ribbon Schools award affirms the hard work of educators, families and communities in creating safe and welcoming schools where students master challenging and engaging content. ADHUS is a Title 1, K- 12 public laboratory school under the auspices of the State University System of Florida as part of FAU’s College of Education.
The chief state school officer of Florida nominated ADHUS for this national recognition. At least one-third of public schools nominated in each state must have student populations of at least 40 percent of students from disadvantaged backgrounds, and all of the schools must also meet the state’s annual measurable performance targets.
Now in its 36th year, the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program has bestowed recognition on more than 8,800 schools. The secretary and the Department of Education will celebrate with honorees at an awards ceremony in November in Washington, D.C.
“I look forward to celebrating this honor in the coming months with our students, educators, parents, and community as this is truly a testament of the dedication and collaboration that is occurring daily at A.D. Henderson & FAU High School,” Bees said.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender