BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — South Palm Beach County resident Diane Oberlander is suing J. Alexander’s after she allegedly slipped and fell in the women’s bathroom at the restaurant on Glades Road.
The incident, according to court documents, happened on December 24, 2017.
According to the lawsuit obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, “As (Oberlander) was in the ladies bathroom, and while she was in the stall, she slipped on a liquid substance, causing her to fall on the floor and sustain physical and dental injuries.”
The suit adds, “the existence of the liquid substance on the bathroom floor created an unreasonably dangerous and unsafe condition.”
As a result of her alleged fall, “Oberlander sustained injuries resulting in pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of the capacity for enjoyment of life, expenses of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, loss of earnings and loss of the ability to earn money in the future, and the aggravation of a previously existing condition, if any.”
She seeks in excess of the statutory minimum of $15,000 for circuit court. The suit is filed by Goldman and Daszkal in Deerfield Beach.
Read the complete lawsuit below.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: Another Resident Arrested
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes
- EXTREMELY DRUNK: Cops Say Boca Raton Man Three Times Limit