BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — South Palm Beach County resident Diane Oberlander is suing J. Alexander’s after she allegedly slipped and fell in the women’s bathroom at the restaurant on Glades Road.
The incident, according to court documents, happened on December 24, 2017.
According to the lawsuit obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, “As (Oberlander) was in the ladies bathroom, and while she was in the stall, she slipped on a liquid substance, causing her to fall on the floor and sustain physical and dental injuries.”
The suit adds, “the existence of the liquid substance on the bathroom floor created an unreasonably dangerous and unsafe condition.”
As a result of her alleged fall, “Oberlander sustained injuries resulting in pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of the capacity for enjoyment of life, expenses of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, loss of earnings and loss of the ability to earn money in the future, and the aggravation of a previously existing condition, if any.”
She seeks in excess of the statutory minimum of $15,000 for circuit court. The suit is filed by Goldman and Daszkal in Deerfield Beach.
Read the complete lawsuit below.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Depression Forms East Of Florida As Another System Starts To Develop
- Delray Beach Man Charged With DUI Minutes After Leaving Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting
- HURRICANE CENTER: Depression Forming East Of Florida As Ophelia Moves Up Coast
- Body Found In Boca Gardens Blaze, One Person Dead
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Another Resident Arrested, Jailed From Delray Beach Home
- ALERT: Brightline Strikes Pedestrian In Delray Beach, Expect Traffic Issues
- Postal Worker Robbed At Gunpoint In West Boca Raton, Investigation Continues
- Realtor Sues Boca Raton Woman Who Refuses To Sell Her Home
- Palm Beach County Resident Guilty Of Fentanyl Distribution, Federal Prison