BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — South Palm Beach County resident Diane Oberlander is suing J. Alexander’s after she allegedly slipped and fell in the women’s bathroom at the restaurant on Glades Road.
The incident, according to court documents, happened on December 24, 2017.
According to the lawsuit obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, “As (Oberlander) was in the ladies bathroom, and while she was in the stall, she slipped on a liquid substance, causing her to fall on the floor and sustain physical and dental injuries.”
The suit adds, “the existence of the liquid substance on the bathroom floor created an unreasonably dangerous and unsafe condition.”
As a result of her alleged fall, “Oberlander sustained injuries resulting in pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of the capacity for enjoyment of life, expenses of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, loss of earnings and loss of the ability to earn money in the future, and the aggravation of a previously existing condition, if any.”
She seeks in excess of the statutory minimum of $15,000 for circuit court. The suit is filed by Goldman and Daszkal in Deerfield Beach.
Read the complete lawsuit below.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEATHTOBER FLORIDA: State, Palm Beach County COVID Deaths, Infections Climbing Again
- UPDATE: Parents MUST Choose Distance or In-Person Within Days For PBC Schools
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Heavy Rain For Days, Flood Watch Through Sunday
- TRAFFIC: Palm Beach County Projects Slow The Go, See Them All Here
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom