BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Lynn University) — Producer Jan McArt, director of theatre arts program development, and Jon Robertson, dean of Lynn University’s Conservatory of Music and Philharmonia guest conductor, today announced the upcoming staged concert version of the classic Lerner and Loewe musical Paint Your Wagon. A collaborative performance by the Lynn Philharmonia Orchestra and the Live at Lynn Theatre Series, this musical features a full cast of professional stage performers who bring the delightful show to life.
“Paint Your Wagon promises to be as spectacular as our three previous staged concert productions of Brigadoon, Kismet and Milk and Honey,” says McArt. “We have a professional cast of singers and dancers featuring Rachel Klein and Michael Walters in the lead roles of Jennifer and Ben Rumson, backed up by the 24-piece Lynn Philharmonia Orchestra. Lerner and Loewe wrote some of the most glorious men’s choral music for this show—I’m excited to present a full chorus of men’s voices on the stage.”
Paint Your Wagon
+ Book and lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner
+ Music by Frederick Loewe
+ Original choreography by Agnes DeMille
Fortunes rise and fall during the California gold rush in Lerner and Loewe’s classic musical about love and ambition. It features gorgeous standards like, “They Call the Wind Maria,” “I Talk to the Trees” and “Wand’rin’ Star.” A hardened, old California prospector strikes it rich as his daughter Jennifer finds gold and the love of a local miner, Julio. The town grows more populous and prosperous as news of the strike spreads, as the daughter heads east to attend school. Upon returning, Jennifer finds the town abandoned as citizens retreat for another gold strike, leaving her to reunite with her father and create a new life with Julio.
· Saturday: 2 and 7:30 p.m.
· Sunday: 4 p.m.
- Jan McArt, producer and director
- Terence Kirchgessner, conductor, Lynn Philharmonia
- Gordon Roberts, musical director
- Arthur Barnes, assistant musical director
- Rome Saladino, choreographer
- Adam Simpson, set designer
Location: Keith C. and Elaine Johnson Wold Performing Arts Center
Tickets: Individual tickets are $70 for Box, $55 for Orchestra and $50 for Mezzanine
*Special discount: 50 percent off Saturday at 2 p.m. (no extra for groups)
How to purchase tickets to Paint Your Wagon:
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School