Wedding called off. Suit claims Bloom, a Boca Realtor, won’t give ring back.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A just filed lawsuit is pitting Palm Beach County resident Joshua Berlin against his ex-fiance Melanie Bloom and her parents, Michael Bloom and Beth Bloom.
The Blooms are self-proclaimed “luxury residential specialists and the #1 agents in St. Andrews Country Club,” according to their website. At issue? A 3.25 carat diamond ring insured for the sum of $78,000, and the allegation that Michael and Beth Bloom disseminated Berlin’s confidential financial information even though they allegedly signed a confidentiality agreement.
According to the court filing, which you can read below, Berlin and Bloom were set to be married but she called it off. The remnants of their Knot.Com page remains.
Wrote Berlin’s attorney: “The plaintiff is entitled to possession of the diamond engagement ring based the fact that it was tendered to Melanie Bloom conditioned upon their engagement to be married and the consummation of that marriage. Melanie Bloom unilaterally cancelled the engagement and refused to consummate the marriage thereby violating the conditions upon which the engagement ring was tendered to her. Melanie Bloom retains possession of the engagement ring and refused to return it without just cause and despite numerous verbal and written demands for its return.”
On the issue of Michael and Beth Bloom violating the confidentiality agreement:
“The Defendants breached the Confidentiality Agreement by disseminating information regarding Plaintiff’s financial assets and affairs.”
An attorney has not been designated yet for Bloom. The complaint was filed on March 26th, 2019 in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. We remind our readers that a filing is merely an allegation.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Jumps
- Boca’s Anthony Centolella Charged With Grand Theft, Escape
- TROPICAL STORM ZETA: Heavy Rains South Florida, Possible Gulf Coast Strike
- HOME DEPOT: Unmasked West Boca Worker, No Response From Corporate
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 28 Forms, Gulf Coast Track Again
- BAD: Florida Reports 4,433 New COVID-19 Infections
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch