Wedding called off. Suit claims Bloom, a Boca Realtor, won’t give ring back.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A just filed lawsuit is pitting Palm Beach County resident Joshua Berlin against his ex-fiance Melanie Bloom and her parents, Michael Bloom and Beth Bloom.
The Blooms are self-proclaimed “luxury residential specialists and the #1 agents in St. Andrews Country Club,” according to their website. At issue? A 3.25 carat diamond ring insured for the sum of $78,000, and the allegation that Michael and Beth Bloom disseminated Berlin’s confidential financial information even though they allegedly signed a confidentiality agreement.
According to the court filing, which you can read below, Berlin and Bloom were set to be married but she called it off. The remnants of their Knot.Com page remains.
Wrote Berlin’s attorney: “The plaintiff is entitled to possession of the diamond engagement ring based the fact that it was tendered to Melanie Bloom conditioned upon their engagement to be married and the consummation of that marriage. Melanie Bloom unilaterally cancelled the engagement and refused to consummate the marriage thereby violating the conditions upon which the engagement ring was tendered to her. Melanie Bloom retains possession of the engagement ring and refused to return it without just cause and despite numerous verbal and written demands for its return.”
On the issue of Michael and Beth Bloom violating the confidentiality agreement:
“The Defendants breached the Confidentiality Agreement by disseminating information regarding Plaintiff’s financial assets and affairs.”
An attorney has not been designated yet for Bloom. The complaint was filed on March 26th, 2019 in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. We remind our readers that a filing is merely an allegation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path