BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Students living in an area Marriott Fairfield Inn due to FAU’s lack of housing may lose their Titanium status in 2021. That’s when new housing — just approved — may be complete.
Florida Atlantic University’s Boca Raton campus and John D. MacArthur Campus in Jupiter will soon offer two new state-of-the-art student housing facilities after the Florida State University System’s (SUS) Board of Governors voted unanimously to approve $78.5 million in construction projects during today’s meeting of the SUS leadership body.
On the Boca Raton campus, the 94-bed Algonquin Hall, which opened in 1965, will be demolished this summer and replaced with a 616-bed residential facility offering the latest amenities. Construction of the new $61.4 million facility will begin this fall, and will bring the total student bed count on the Boca Raton campus to 4,700 once finished.
On the Jupiter campus, the university will build a $17.1 million, 165-bed residential hall that will provide a total of 435 beds once finished. Construction is scheduled to begin in spring 2020 with completion by summer 2021.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed
- FOURTEEN STUDENTS DEAD IN TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE TEACHER