DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray real estate is troubled but Boca Raton home sales are looking better — according to a new report just out by analysts with noted real estate firm Douglas Elliman.
“Delray Beach showed single-family sales slipping for the first time in six quarters as listing inventory expanded,” according to the report, which shows the median sale price declining year over year 1.4% to $2,045,250. Days on the market was 143 up from 126. Listing discount was 9.7% up from 8.7% and the entry threshold for “luxury” homes is now just shy of $1.3m. That’s down 1.6%.
Delray is facing an onslaught of available real estate, including properties in Seven Bridges and its Boca-by-three-inches neighbor Boca Bridges where homes start at $1M. To that end Boca Raton real estate is also facing similar challenges.
The media sales price for luxury single family homes declined a whopping 14.9% to $1,830,000. The average price for square foot rose 9.1% to $455. Days on the market was 136 days up from 134 and the listing discount held steady at 9.4%. The luxury entry threshold began at $1,350,000. That’s up 8%.
Interestingly, the condo market in both Boca and Delray seems stronger than the luxury home market.
In Boca Raton, the median sales price jumped 48.3% to $1,175,000. The average price for square foot rose 39.2% to $522. Days on market was 146, up from 116, and the listing discount rose to 8.2 percent from 7.3 percent. The listing inventory declined 21.4 percent to 313 units. The entry threshold for luxury condos now starts at $665,000. That/s up 26.7 percent from a year ago.
In Delray, the median sales price for luxury condos declined 26.8% to $510m,000. Days on the market was 111, up from 88. The listing discount was 5.4%, down from 6.6%. And the luxury entry threshold in the Delray condo market held steady at $385,000.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: Critical Crash Northbound Near Glades Road
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On The Wave, Development Possible
- Homeowner Sues Valencia Reserve, Critically Injured
- DONNA KLEIN JEWISH ACADEMY SUED: STUDENT BULLIED, INJURED
- POLICE: Bulldog Named Morty Attacks Golden Retriever In Seven Bridges, Punctures Ear
- HURRICANE CENTER: There’s Another Wave To Watch