Police Say He Drove 91 MPH On West Atlantic
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach resident Richard Nemeth is being held without bond following his arrest on a charge of vehicular homicide. Nemeth is accused of driving at least 90 miles an hour on West Atlantic Avenue in the seconds before smashing into a car driven by Rique Karmazin, also of Delray Beach.
Karmazin, 66, was killed.
The crash happened March 14, 2018. It typically takes a year — or more — for a complete analysis and investigation following a fatal wreck. PBSO detectives reviewed the data recorder in Nemeth’s car — a 2014 Kia Optima — and say that neither Nemeth nor his fiancé, Cecelia Lehman, were correct when they told investigators that their car was merely traveling 45 miles per hour before the crash near El Clair Ranch Road.
Read the complete arrest report here.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record
- Florida Withholding COVID-19 Infection, Death Report For Wednesday