Police Say He Drove 91 MPH On West Atlantic
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach resident Richard Nemeth is being held without bond following his arrest on a charge of vehicular homicide. Nemeth is accused of driving at least 90 miles an hour on West Atlantic Avenue in the seconds before smashing into a car driven by Rique Karmazin, also of Delray Beach.
Karmazin, 66, was killed.
The crash happened March 14, 2018. It typically takes a year — or more — for a complete analysis and investigation following a fatal wreck. PBSO detectives reviewed the data recorder in Nemeth’s car — a 2014 Kia Optima — and say that neither Nemeth nor his fiancé, Cecelia Lehman, were correct when they told investigators that their car was merely traveling 45 miles per hour before the crash near El Clair Ranch Road.
Read the complete arrest report here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Chevy Silverado Step Collapses, Driver Sues Schumacher Automotive
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident