Police Say He Drove 91 MPH On West Atlantic
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach resident Richard Nemeth is being held without bond following his arrest on a charge of vehicular homicide. Nemeth is accused of driving at least 90 miles an hour on West Atlantic Avenue in the seconds before smashing into a car driven by Rique Karmazin, also of Delray Beach.
Karmazin, 66, was killed.
The crash happened March 14, 2018. It typically takes a year — or more — for a complete analysis and investigation following a fatal wreck. PBSO detectives reviewed the data recorder in Nemeth’s car — a 2014 Kia Optima — and say that neither Nemeth nor his fiancé, Cecelia Lehman, were correct when they told investigators that their car was merely traveling 45 miles per hour before the crash near El Clair Ranch Road.
Read the complete arrest report here.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Teen Killer Identified, Cops Say Shot Friend In Back Yard
- Boca Raton’s L’Ambiance HOA Facing Lawsuit
- CRASH AND BURN: Boca Isles South Burglar Crashes Getaway Car At Cop Shop
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach
- South Palm Beach County Killer In Custody According To Police
- This Man Is A Predator, Police Say He’s In Boynton Beach
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Nephew’s Girlfriend With Broom, Jailed
- Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach 2024 Sping Graduation Dates Announced
- Another South Florida Resident Guilty For January 6th Insurrection At Capitol