BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — While the Palm Beach County School District is promoting ”growth” with the release of the math FSA scores, a read of the numbers shows that schools which should be performing exceptionally are actually having issues.
A link to the complete report follows this article. The key metric is the percentage of students scoring a 3 or better. The statewide test is graded on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best.
Waters Edge Elementary School in West Boca Raton saw a 5 percentage point drop in 4th grade students scoring a 3 or better, and 4 percentage point drop in 5th graders scoring a 3 or better. Calusa Elementary logged a six point drop for 3rd grades scoring a 3 or better. Sandpiper Shores saw a five point drop in fifth graders scoring a 3 or better. Sunrise Park logged a 3 point drop for third graders and a 4 point drop for fifth graders scoring a three or better.
One standout: Whispering Pines Elementary in West Boca. While third graders showed a 1 point drop, fourth graders rose 5 points and fifth graders rose 8 points — again, these are the percentage increase or decrease of students scoring a 3 or better.
Read the complete report by clicking below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance
- FATAL CRASH BOCA: David Hernandez, 21, Killed, Driver Allegedly Drunk
- KIDS HOSPITALIZED FLORIDA: CDC Report Reveals Children Hospitalized With COVID
- CDC Predicts 40,867 COVID Deaths In Florida In Four Weeks
- Seven Bridges HOA Sued Again: Defamation Claim By Caterer
- FLORIDA HOSPITALS IN CRISIS, 10K COVID PATIENTS USING BEDS