Legal Marketing Tweet Campaign Suggests Boca Cops Assaulted Citizens. It’s All Made Up By Lawyers Seeking Work.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — To be clear, there is no active investigation or complaint pending regarding a Boca Raton Police Officer sexually assaulting a citizen. In fact, we can’t find any record of such an allegation being made against a Boca Police Officer in at least the past decade.
But that hasn’t stopped a legal marketing company known as “USAttorneys.com” from posting the following tweets. All of the Boca-related tweets lead back to Boca Raton attorney Jeffrey Rosenberg on Federal Highway.
The tweets, which seem to be part of a hyper-local national campaign, designed to build business for attorneys with specific specialities in specific areas, are all coming from USAttorneys.com. In fact, one of the tweets — asking what he should do if he were sexually assaulted by a Boca Raton officer — was posted by Joshua Berry. He is a self proclaimed “marketing specialist” for USattorneys.com.
BocaNewsNow.com called Josh Berry at the number listed on his LinkedIn profile. He proceeded to tell us that he has nothing to do with the tweets. He explained no connection to the Boca Raton Police Department, nor does a search of public records show that he ever had interaction with Boca Raton PD. We asked him why he would suggest that Boca cops were involved in some sort of sexual assault and he yelled at us — although we’re not entirely sure what he said.
We also asked Josh Berry if he had approval for the tweet campaign from the Florida Bar which must approve all attorney advertising. Berry, who is based in Fort Lauderdale, hung up the phone.
Similar campaigns are being run across the country. Do not assume that a local police department is facing sexual assault allegations based on the tweets of a legal marketing firm.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Jumps
- Boca’s Anthony Centolella Charged With Grand Theft, Escape
- TROPICAL STORM ZETA: Heavy Rains South Florida, Possible Gulf Coast Strike
- HOME DEPOT: Unmasked West Boca Worker, No Response From Corporate
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 28 Forms, Gulf Coast Track Again
- BAD: Florida Reports 4,433 New COVID-19 Infections
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch