UPDATE: Boca Raton Police has taken issue with our characterization of the dispatch response as “bizarre.” We have nothing but respect for Boca PD and publish Spokesman Mark Economou’s response, verbatim. And we do agree with one point: we do not know what was truly going on in the dispatch center as the information was being disseminated.
“A 911 recording doesn’t tell the whole story. A veteran dispatcher with more than 20 years experience in Boca Raton, handled this call and was ensuring emergency resources were on the way. What sounds like confusion is often expert multi-tasking. We were able to coordinate an efficient response to this incident. Fire and Police were dispatched the minute the call came in and fire rescue was on seen in approximately 8 minutes. The responding police officer actually saw the box truck leaving and pulled it over. We do have Spanish speaking dispatchers. When one is not on duty or not available we use this service as do other surrounding agencies.”
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Boca Raton Police Department has just released the 911 call that led them to the scene of the alleged murder by a Best Buy delivery truck driver.
The 911 dispatcher — while understandably confused — seems slightly slow to respond to the frantic call, presumably by the co-driver of the alleged murder suspect.
Boca Raton Police also connected the caller to a translation call center where the dispatcher actually had to “press 1 for Spanish.”
It was several minutes before the dispatcher understood the seriousness of the situation, but we are assured that — as is traditionally the case — first responders were enroute seconds after the call came in.
The audio recording is redacted — the first minute or so is choppy — but you hear the emotion of the caller.
Listen to the entire tape.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach