BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Ahhh, Tesla. It’s the Lexus 300 of the early 2000’s. Everyone in South Florida seems to have one. But as Tropical Storm Dorian potentially heads our way, consider this: if it’s your only car, you’re going to make it roughly as far as Gainesville before you run out of power. And a quick look at charging stations in and around Gainesville reveals just a handful.
Rest stops on the Turnpike have some SuperChargers, but consider hundreds of Tesla owners all needing 30 minutes to an hour of charging to be able to move on during an evacuation. And that’s assuming that there’s power. Sure, gas pumps need power too, but you can keep a tank of gas in your trunk in an emergency.
Unless Doc helps you hit a bolt of lightning at 88 miles per hour, you’re out of luck in your shiny electric car.
And for all of the Long Eye-landers who relocated to South Florida and will inevitably decide to head back towards “the City” if a storm comes, take this into account: you’ll need roughly 6 hours of charging time built into your trip.
We don’t believe in hyping storms, but no joke. If you only own a Tesla, you may want figure out an effective hurricane plan now.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care